The National Quiz aims to bring Optometry practitioners, educators and students on to a common platform and promote skill and knowledge enhancement. India Vision Institute (IVI) is supported by Essilor India Pvt Ltd in this annual multi-level national quiz competition.
Eligibility: All optometry educators, practitioners and students
First Prize: INR 10,000
Second Prize: INR 7,000
Third Prize: INR 5,000
The IVI - Essilor Optometry Wizard of the Year 2021 will be held in three rounds.
1. This round, open to all who are interested, will be announced on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with a link to Google Forms, which will have the questions.
2. The quiz will be live for 2 days, Friday, 28 May and Saturday, 29 May, 2021.
3. Participants who missed the opportunity on 28 May can access the new set of questions on 29 May, 2021.
3. No more than 1 entry from a participant is accepted.
4. Every question carries one mark. 0.5 negative marking is applied for every incorrect answer.
5. List of participants who qualify for the 2nd round (which is a phone-in round) will be announced on IVI Facebook page and will be contacted through telephone
The 'phone-in' round:
Questions will be asked to the selected semi- finalists over phone at a pre-agreed time
Each question has to be answered within 10 seconds.
Every question carries one mark. 0.5 negative marking is applied for every incorrect answer.
If you fail to answer the call twice between 11.00 am and 04.00 pm on the day of the quiz, your eligibility stands cancelled.
The participants will be notified 1 week prior to the date of the phone-in component.
Based on the response, 4-6 participants will be shortlisted for the final round
List of participants who qualify for the final round will be announced on IVI Facebook page. They will also be informed over phone and email.
This will be conducted through Zoom.
The competition will consist of 4 rounds and different patterns of questions
By participating in the competition, it is taken that participants have read carefully and understood the details of the program posted on IVI website.
Decisions made by IVI will be final and without appeal.
IVI reserves the right to disqualify any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the participant has not fulfilled any of the above mentioned provisions.
IVI reserves the right to discontinue the quiz under unprecedented circumstances.
The quiz is not open to India Vision Institute and Essilor India Pvt Ltd staff.
IVI acknowledges the support of Essilor India Pvt. Ltd. in funding the program