IVI is pleased to announce the Brien Holden Vision Institute Academy’s Managing Myopia online course for optometry professionals and educators. This course aims to educate optometrists to effectively expand their scope of practice using the latest research and clinical procedures. At the end of the course, you should be able to successfully implement an appropriate myopia management plan, in order to limit myopia progression in your patients.
This course is designed to be an engaging learning experience with videos, interactive case studies and a webinar to allow participants to engage, apply and relate their learning to their daily practice
• Monica Jong, Senior Research Fellow, Brien Holden Vision Institute
• Judith Stern, Global Manager of Education, Brien Holden Vision Institute
• Michael Morton, Global Education Officer, Brien Holden Vision Institute
• Associate Professor Padmaja Sankaridurg, Brien Holden Vision Institute
• Prof Earl Smith III, University of Houston
• Dr Isabelle Jalbert, UNSW Australia
• Dr Alex Hui, UNSW Australia
• Dr Pauline Kang, UNSW Australia
• Dr Daniel Tilia, Brien Holden Vision Institute
The course is divided into 2 modules:
Module 1: Risk Assessment
Module 2: Myopia Management
The course includes:
• 14 instructional videos (can be completed at your own pace)
• 8 interactive case studies (can be completed at your own pace)
• An interactive webinar (Tuesday 29th August, 2:30pm India time)
As an online course, participants are able to move at their own pace to complete course work to best suit their learning needs and time available. A live, interactive webinar will allow participants to learn collaboratively by discussing the key areas of interest with the facilitators and their peers.
Who can enroll? Anyone with an interest in managing myopia: including practitioners, academics, Post-graduate students and final year optometry students.
Course Duration: 14th August to 4th September, 2017. Please note: course content will only be available during these dates.
To register, complete the REGISTRATION FORM available on the right side of this page.
After completing this form, click on the below link for payment.
The registrations will be confirmed on first come first served basis after the payment of registration fee is received online. The online course is hosted on the Brien Holden Vision Institute’s Academy platform. Login in details will be provided once registration is complete.
Registration Fee: Regular registrations: INR 5000.
Register before 8th August 2017 to avail the Early Bird offer of INR 3500.
Deadline for Registration: Monday, 14th August 2017
This program has been awarded 08 CE points by Optometry Council of India (OCI)
Key contact person: Sheeba S
Program Manager |India Vision Institute
Mobile +91 - 8978519292
Email ID: email@example.com
IVI acknowledges the support of Brien Holden Vision Institute Foundation and Optometry Giving Sight in sponsoring the program in India.